Minimal skills

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 01:17:31 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 5:06 AM Vincent DEFERT <20.100 at defert.com> wrote:

> My advice: NEVER, ever, learn Java, for if you do, you'll never want to
> use another language and that could be a handicap in a new developer's
> career.

I switched 10 years ago to Java after 15 years of C/C++ (and an odd
assortment of other languages) and certainly agree with the idea of not
wanting to use another language.     Think of Java as the family SUV, not
particularly fast and nimble when you need high performance or very low
level work but what is it good for nothing is better (rock solid code that
doesn't require the above).   That being said you should learn it but learn
it with other languages.