Minimal skills

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Jun 5 22:28:13 UTC 2020

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 10:12:12 -0600, Brandon helsley wrote:
> Ruby, C, and python are my best bet for learning programming?

Again, the correct answer is: "It depends." :-)

C teaches you fundamentals, and it is used in many places of
FreeBSD. Python and Ruby, as interpreted languages, are very
imporant in the application area, not so much in system
programming. While they have certain things in common, there
are big differences in the languages' elements.

> Do C and Ruby have a GUI like python does?

Both have libraries and frameworks to generate GUIs, both
native and web-based.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany