Minimal skills

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Fri Jun 5 08:11:35 UTC 2020

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 03:54:43 +0200
Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> Seriously, I found that conversation quality (both in the audio
> parameters and in the content) of smartphones is lower than with
> nonsmart mobile phones and regular "landline" phones;

	There have been smartphones with good sound quality, mostly made by
Motorola and hard to find.

> I don't
> know why. I'm old, so I will never understand what makes those
> things interesting, I find them just plain boring.

	I do find it convenient to have my phone, camera, satnav, music
player and wifi analyser all in one smallish package. I don't use any of
them very often so if they weren't all in one package I'd probably wind up
not carrying any of them.

> I mean, you
> can't even easily program them, what kind of computers are those?

	To me it's a pocket toolbox.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>