Minimal skills

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jun 5 05:57:00 UTC 2020

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 00:33:08 +0200, Polytropon wrote:
>If you have IMAP support, you can even try / use multiple MUAs and
>see what works best for you, without requiring to have multiple
>mail accounts and program-individual local mailboxes.

I share my POP accounts with different MUAs. All, excepted of one MUA
leave the mails on the server. On my desktop PC I store 100,000th
of mails duplicated by two MUAs. It's not an issue related to disk
space. On my iPads I delete the mails. It isn't really much work to set
up several MUAs, even when being in favour of POP.

FWIW nowadays I'm using Claws and Evolution as my main MUAs, but I also
run Sylpheed and the iPad pseudo-MUA.

Claws issue is the "> ", this results in "> > ", while it should become
">> ", so for Claws I'm using ">".

I'm not using HTML. If for some reason HTML is wanted, I recommend to
test Evolution.

Apart from blind users who read Braille, I can't understand why users
are in favour of text-based MUAs such a Mutt, Alpine, Wanderlust
etc..