Minimal skills

Brandon helsley brandon.helsley at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 21:22:21 UTC 2020

>Actually, besides being THE go-to reference on C, it's the

best-written C book out there and the most elegant presentation of the

basic concepts. I have a bunch. While the bits and pieces AROUND C

have evolved, C itself really hasn't. I prefer the K&R braces over

GNU, myself, even though most of the 'NIX world is tilting towards the

GNU landslide.

>Thank you for interspersing your comments as I asked, Brandon. You

have shown the whole Project that you can learn and WILCO without

complaint! Good coder, GOOD!    :D

I'm doing the indentation myself. Does your mailer do the indentation for you or do you do it yourself?

> On Jun 4, 2020 at 3:15 PM, Donald Wilde  <dwilde1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

>  On 6/4/20, Brandon helsley  <brandon.helsley at hotmail.com>  wrote:  >   >>Writing good documentation is both an art and a science. But, the  >  author must first understand the language of the subject. The common  >  language of FreeBSD and CS/E is C.  >   >>The canonical C book is:  >>https://www.pearson.com/us/higher-education/program/Kernighan-C-Programming-Language-2nd-Edition/PGM54487.html   >   >>Once you can read C, then you will be able to read the canonical FreeBSD  >   >  book:  >   >>https://www.pearson.com/store/p/design-and-implementation-of-the-freebsd-operating-system-the/P100001308622   >  The link you sent me for the c programming language is from 1988. Wouldn't  >  it be better to use a newer study book? Should I look for something newer?  >  Actually, besides being THE go-to reference on C, it's the best-written C book out there and the most elegant presentation of the basic concepts. I have a bunch. While the bits and pieces AROUND C have evolved, C itself reall
y hasn't. I prefer the K&R braces over GNU, myself, even though most of the 'NIX world is tilting towards the GNU landslide. Thank you for interspersing your comments as I asked, Brandon. You have shown the whole Project that you can learn and WILCO without complaint! Good coder, GOOD! :D -- Don Wilde **************************************************** * What is the Internet of Things but a system * * of systems including humans? * ****************************************************