Mininal skills

Brandon helsley brandon.helsley at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 4 08:13:28 UTC 2020

  >Are you actually using FreeBSD? Before even thinking of contributing,

why don't you give yourself 1 or 2 years of solid use of the operating

system? Install, uninstall, break, fix, reinstall, configure. You can

do this in a VM first and then maybe on real hardware. You don't go

from n00b to developer in one day.

I started using FreeBSD about 2 months ago and have purchased books like absolute freebsd and have learned a lot.

I can set up a desktop environment that has all the programs I need, so that's not the problem. It's that I want to progress past simple editing of configuration files and minor system administration tasks like the crontab. I want to try and stick with FreeBSD as my main and probably mostly only OS. Meaning, I would like to skip the ubuntu step. It seems as though the FreeBSD docs is the way to go. Just read it over a few times, as well as the porters handbook. I'll get straight to it so I can contribute to ports and docs, even if it takes a couple years!!!