Wayland inescapable indeed (was Re: Ask stupid questions and you'll get a stupid answers, was: Technological advantages over Linux)

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Jul 28 21:54:56 UTC 2020

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 12:03:22 +0100
"Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve at sohara.org> wrote:
> 	It looks to be nearly inescapable to have it installed now anyway,
> this comes from my jail that has nothing deliberately installed but calibre:

Indeed. I've noticed this too:

 > pkg info -r wayland
 wayland-1.18.0_3:
	vlc-3.0.10,4
	plasma5-kwin-5.18.4.1
	plasma5-kscreenlocker-5.18.4.1
	xwayland-1.20.8_1,1
	mesa-dri-18.3.2_10
	kf5-kwayland-5.68.0
	webkit2-gtk3-2.28.1
	gstreamer1-plugins-gl-1.16.2
	wpebackend-fdo-1.4.1
	libva-2.6.1_2
	mesa-libs-18.3.2_4
	sdl2-2.0.10_1
	gtk3-3.24.10_1

Honestly I don't pretend to understand this (yet) but it is concerning.
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

We may eventually come to realize that chastity is no more a
virtue than malnutrition.
                                             -- Alex Comfort