tbz file from pkg

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Sat Jul 25 21:16:07 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I find that I do not need a fully blown shell script, so I cobbled together
a single set of shell commands that will convert "*.txz" file to "*.tbz"
files and it seems to work.

# find *txz -iname '*txz' | while read txz; do echo "Found: $txz";
name=$(echo "$txz" | sed -e 's/\.[^.]*$//'); mkdir -p tmp/$name; tar -xjf
$txz -C tmp/$name; cd tmp/$name; tar cvfj ../../$name.tbz .; cd ../..; rm
-Rf tmp/$name; rm -Rf tmp; done

maybe it will be of help to others as well.

Cheers and have a great weekend,
Lonnie