Technological advantages over Linux

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 09:30:19 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 1:24 AM Victor Sudakov <vas at sibptus.ru> wrote:

> Sergey Matveev wrote:
> > >
> > >Works for me just fine on a MSI B450 motherboard (worked on the first
> try
> > >with default BIOS settings)
> >
> > ZFS root works without any problems under UEFI on my hardware too. No
> > difference is it UEFI or not.
> http://www.stargrave.org/FreeBSD-installation.html
>
> ZFS root works. Boot Environments don't work under UEFI (at least
> partially, or at least under bhyve's UEFI). I suggest a simple test to you.
>
> Create a BE named "test1" and activate it for the next boot only:
>
> bectl activate -t test1
> reboot
>
> After reboot you'll see that you are again in your default BE, not in
> "test1".

Rather dishonest debating technique once you were proven wrong you moved
the bar to say you were actually right.  You said "does not work under
UEFI" without qualification when you were proven wrong you changed it, a
very uncommon and likely rarely used feature that is not part of the zfs
standard.  Proof that they were never part of sun/oracle's original zfs
standard from the man page on bectl:

HISTORY
     bectl is based on beadm(1) and was implemented as a project for the
2017
     Summer of Code, along with libbe(3).

In the future please use ,more honest debating techniques