Technological advantages over Linux

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 24 18:04:56 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-24 12:50, freebsd at boosten.org wrote:

>> Op 24 jul. 2020, om 15:22 heeft Valeri Galtsev
>> <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu <mailto:galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>> het
>> volgende geschreven:
>>
>> I do love when things are done on their own without me doing them,
>> like things you complain FreeBSD pkg doesn't. But one has to come to
>> realize that for that getting done without you all the way there is
>> [only one I know] solution: just hire good sysadmin ;-)
>
> No, like any good admin I’m lazy, and my opinion is that anything that
> could be automated, should be automated. ;)

Yes, indeed, but I prefer some things related to fundamental choices
still stay in my control, and if they are automated, they are automated
by me. When I was asked if I could take second department as my
responsibility, I had everything automated so, that I answered quite
honestly: "sure, where there are 100 machines, can easily be 200".

Indeed sysadmins are lazy. I call it "lazy enough to do thing well
enough, so you will not have to redo them in a future".

Valeri

> Peter
>
>> It never hurts to help — Eek!

Valeri Galtsev