FreeBSD (GhostBSD) Question?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Wed Jul 22 17:05:19 UTC 2020

On 7/22/20 9:45 AM, Don Wilde wrote:

> On 7/22/20 8:22 AM, Paul Pathiakis via freebsd-questions wrote:
>>
> Okay, so I bit. Manish, I started using your 'mkdesktop', but I
> stopped. No matter what I do, it wants to give me all kinds of what
> the Doze world calls 'accessories'.
>
> GhostBSD seems to want to do the same thing. MATE is every bit as fat
> as Ubuntu! I want an intermediate step where I can choose what to add
> after the desktop is installed.

you might want to give nomadbsd a spin then.  it's pretty light weight
since it's built to run off of a USB drive and is based on Openbox for
the UI which is also pretty light weight.

i think the value is that it takes care of lots of the fiddling with
configs and installing pkgs so that audio, 3d graphics and things like
that work out of the box.

-pete

--
Pete Wright