URGENT: Microsoft overwrites boot loader!

Jacques Foucry jacques+freebsd at foucry.net
Fri Jul 17 04:31:01 UTC 2020

Le jeudi 16 juil. 2020 à 13:19:51 (-0700), Don Wilde à écrit:
> The [deleted] ones in Redmond have done it again. My multi-OS GRUB2 boot
> loader is gone, and in its place is a 500M partition called 'Windows
> boot loader'.
>
> The purpose is to force us to look at MS' new version of Edge. All my
> old boot files are gone.
>
> It's taken me much of the morning to get underneath this, since on this
> unit my only OS (other than Doze 10) with a WM and GUI is Ubuntu.
>
> That's the last time I will allow this, and I'm calling those [deleted]s
> tomorrow to give them a piece of my mind. After that I will erase every
> vestige of that obscene OS from my disk.

WHaou that's crazy :-(

May I ask a question?
Why did you not run [delete] to a VM on your ubuntu?

My wife does not want to use Linux. But, I installed devuan (debian without
systemd) on her new PC, then VirtualBOX and wind8.1 on it. She happy with this
configuration and so I.

For my part I only used Windows for profesional use and alaway let the windows
admin, do there stuff. They just have to give me Putty to acces to servers.

Good Luck for restoring your GRUB2

--
Jacques Foucry