Are there any real advantages of ext4 over ext2 ?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Jul 8 20:30:36 UTC 2020

> On 08 Jul 2020, at 14:01, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp <dr.klepp at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> Anno domini 2020 Wed, 8 Jul 13:40:30 -0600
> @lbutlr scripsit:
>> On 08 Jul 2020, at 13:00, Ottavio Caruso via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>> You can make a vfat (msdos) partition
>>
>> vfat? I don't know that one, did you mean xFAT?
> LOL ... there was a time before Windows 10 😃

That does not answer the question.

FAT based filesystems that are not xFAT have severe limitations on filenames and/or file sizes that make them pretty much non-starters for sharing a file system between different OS versions.

--
The Salvation Army Band played and the children drunk lemonade and
	the morning lasted all day, all day. And through an open window