mpd5 link up

Evilham contact at evilham.com
Mon Jul 6 10:23:06 UTC 2020

On dl., jul. 06 2020, Julien Cigar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I switched from base ppp to mpd5 for my "home" router/firewall
> (small
> APU2C4) as ppp consumes a lot of CPU usage (100% CPU in fact)
> and is
> unable to use multiple cores for a single PPPOE connection. It
> works
> well but as I have a dynamic IP and a DYNDNS-like hostname I
> don't see
> any option in mpd5 to execute a script whenever the IP address
> changes.
> There is set "iface up-script xxx.sh" but it is called only when
> the
> interface changes it's state to UP (first connection).
>
> This is my configuration:
> https://gist.github.com/silenius/0a40de647b48829fd76c5dec098188e3
>
> Any idea if I missed something in the documentation?
> Otherwise, is there a way to detect an address IP changes in
> devd?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Julien

Hi Julien,

I actually recently did precisely that as well (also on an APU
:-)).

You can have up and down scripts with:

set iface up-script /up-stuff
set iface down-script /down-stuff

This is documented with the port in:
/usr/local/share/doc/mpd5/mpd28.html

Cheers, and enjoy the *much* better performance :-)
--
Evilham