How can I download FreeBSD 13 snapshot?

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Fri Jan 31 21:12:48 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 09:05:44PM +0000, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 15:45:28 -0500
> "Kevin P. Neal" <kpn at neutralgood.org> wrote:
>

> > The era of FTP is over. I'm surprised they would still have the FTP server
> > running. With no TLS you can't know if your copy is being modified on its
> > way to you.
>
> 	Published checksums make a pretty good check.
>
> > You can use https for downloads:
> > https://freebsd.org/snapshots/

Yeah, I suspected it was this. The last time I downloaded anything (sometime last year I
believe) it still worked with ftp (which did kinda surprise me). Back in the early '90s
when I managed an AIX architecture department one of the security guys working for me told
me this:

security * useability is a constant

I keep getting reminded of this on a daily basis anymore! :(

Thanks for the info,
Bob

> --
> Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>

Bob Willcox    | It's possible that the whole purpose of your life is to
bob at immure.com | serve as a warning to others.
Austin, TX     |