Subject: Basic photo viewing/editing for Xfce?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jan 11 18:32:40 UTC 2020

On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 00:45:16 +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
>I'll go with xv for editing, just have to hope it does not
>corrupt more recent JPEGs.

I doubt that it will corrupt those JPEGs, I suspect it will simply not
accept them in the first place.

Actually I do not know, if it's a problem for this particular software.

I experienced modern JPEGs as a big problem with all the software I'm
using with Linux as well as iPadOS.

Some JPEGs can't be displayed by some software and some pics that could
be displayed by all of the used software, can't be displayed anymore
with all software, after I edit them. Some of the Linux software is
still able to display them, while non of the iPadOS software can do so.