Subject: Basic photo viewing/editing for Xfce?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jan 8 22:25:13 UTC 2020

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 17:12:55 -0500 (EST), Chris Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, Johannes-Maria Kaltenbach wrote:
>
> >> On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 12:35:25 +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> >> By your personal experience, what software do you use for photos: a
> >> convenient viewer/slideshow, and a basic editor (cropping,
> >> rotating...)? Gimp would be an overkill.
> >
> > I am using xv since 1990 and think it's still the
> > best for viewing and basic tasks.
>
> A big "me too" on xv. It does basic editing: crop, rotate, mirror,
> scale, gamma, probably more.

And I (ab)use it to set the X desktop wallpaper (backdrop)
independently from window manager or desktop system (which
I don't use). :-)

> For slideshows, I use feh. They are both
> old, therefore lightweight and fast.

Sadly, many other programs bearing those properties have
been updated and disimproved, so their names shall be
forgotten in this context. ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany