Basic photo viewing/editing for Xfce?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Jan 8 11:41:54 UTC 2020

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 12:35:25 +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> By your personal experience, what software do you use for photos: a
> convenient viewer/slideshow, and a basic editor (cropping, rotating...)?

In the past I've been using xzgv (here: "xzgv -tzf <files>",
to be exact), but the versions after 0.8_9 have been
continuously disimproved. That's why today I'd say EOG or
Geeqie; I hope I got the spelling right because it's not
that easy to remember all those strangely spelled made-up
names...

Both support manual and automatic "slide change" as well
as fullscreen modes.

> Gimp would be an overkill.

I'm using Gimp. ;-)

Have you considered trying Krita?

There's also Pinta and DigiKam, but I have never used them,
so I cannot provide a recommendation - I'm merely mentioning
them because I remember their names in this context. :-)

In the past I maybe would have suggested Xpaint, but I assume
this does not longer exist, or does not support today's image
format without external converting.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany