I do not understand this

Gökşin Akdeniz goksin.akdeniz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 20:18:46 UTC 2020

Sun, 5 Jan 2020 14:36:05 -0500 tarihinde
"Vlad D. Markov via freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
yazmış:

> Firefox would lock up when invoked by the fluxbox keys. Again
> changing the invocation from "firefox &" to firefox >/dev/null 2>&1
> &" solved the problem.

I only start xscreensaver and window manager via .xinitrc file. Rest is
run from a window manager's menu. It works that way.

I assume FLUXBOX is the windows manager tah tsi running on FreeeBSD.

> I have no idea of why that worked nor why the behavior is different
> in FreeBSD than Debian.

It is better to start appilications (GTK or QT4/5 etc.) from Fluxbox
menu. I had similar issiues with Fluxbox espcially when I wnat to run
anapplication from "Fluxbox Command". Invoked applications may or may
not respond.

--
Gökşin Akdeniz <goksin.akdeniz at gmail.com>