[FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD 12.0 end-of-life

Joe A. freebsd at chthonixia.net
Fri Feb 21 01:04:27 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 06:34:58PM +0100, Tomasz CEDRO wrote:

> Looks like amazing setup! Can you use it to OpenCL (i.e. John CL)?
> Does `clinfo` return without Core Dump? Do you have any RADEON GPU to
> compare? :-)

I was aiming at the 'decent, modern' aspect; and a working desktop. So,
probably no to your questions. That said, I run the things I need; from sigil
to darktable to inkscape, etcetera.

WRT to the Radeon: no, the CPU is actually an APU: 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphic
and no, I've never gotten it to run. But that's no barrier; I can use the Nvidia.

--
More of a point-and-click user, honestly. Though I can set up SSH for incoming! Yay me!