Update X when laptop lip is closed

Yuri Pankov yuripv at yuripv.me
Sun Feb 16 04:16:02 UTC 2020

Noah Palmer wrote:
> is there a way to automatically remove or add the display to X when the
> laptop lid is opened or closed. I have been using a script to read
> dev.acpi_lid.0.state, but is there better way? Also what is the proper way
> to reply to someone while using a mailing list. Do you reply to the person
> or freebsd-questions at freebsd.org.

If you are polling the dev.acpi_lid.0.state value, see /etc/devd.conf
for examples of ACPI events notification, so you could invoke the need
actions when lid is open/closed.

As for the reply policy, I don't think there's one, so I just press
directly, they could (and usually do) set the Reply-To to the list.