Technological advantages over Linux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Feb 15 10:14:57 UTC 2020

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:43:41 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:33:23 +0100, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
>>Anno domini 2020 Sat, 15 Feb 13:56:41 +0700
>> Victor Sudakov scripsit:

>>> "Among the items being explored by systemd-homed are JSON-based user
>>> records,"
>>>
>>> What's next, systemd-registryd?
>>
>>IMO that has already been implemented in GNOME3.
>
>That's utter nonsense. The dark humour of Linux soon or later suffering
>from a systemd-registryd, referring to MS Windows, has absolutely
>nothing to do with dconf/gsettings, let alone that FreeBSD as well as
>Linux users suffer from dconf/gsettings when using bloatware such as
>GNOME. Btw. before dconf, gconf already was present. This bloatware
>nonsense isn't new and not related to the used operating system.

PS: How to make something simple very complicated:

http://gnome-evolution-general.1774414.n4.nabble.com/Show-Hide-Evolution-Menu-Bar-tt4666046.html#a4666047

However, this does affect FreeBSD as well as Linux and is completely
unrelated to the used init system.

GNOME probably requires tons of services started by systemd-units on
Linux, but the same services needs to be started on FreeBSD, too. The
culprit isn't systemd, it's neither FreeBSD or Linux.