Technological advantages over Linux

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Feb 14 20:23:54 UTC 2020

On 14 Feb 2020, at 09:00, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> In my book docker is really a disadvantage, not advantage, compared to FreeBSD jails

Dicker has the advantage of convenience and ease of installing/removing dockers, but you trade that for not only poor security, but another application layer between you and the service which itself has had numerous security issues.

I use docker for things that are not very important on machines that are (relatively) unimportant. I would never use it on something like a mail server or web server that has other people’s data on it.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Umm.. I think so Bigbrainy-fishface-stovepipe-wiggleroom-Arlene, but