Technological advantages over Linux

Steven Malone quantafac at ubiquitous.ninja
Fri Feb 14 15:19:56 UTC 2020

Victor,

While this may not be a technical response, I have had immensely better
experiences managing a FreeBSD server than a Linux one. The primary
difference in my experience has been around system upgrades. When
updating Linux I have had all sorts of applications start failing after
the a simple package update. I do not have this problem when updating
FreeBSD, it has been much more reliable for me. I have also seen similar
results from system upgrades, Linux upgrades have broken my system
countless times. I have never had a FreeBSD system completely tank after
an upgrade. Not saying it would never happen, but it has been so much
more stable I avoid Linux where-ever possible. I am sure there are
technical reasons for this, probably having to do with the way FreeBSD
manages itself as a complete OS instead of a collection of bits around a
kernel.
I think Michael W. Lucas puts it best "FreeBSD lets me sleep at night."