ipfw for udp on FreeBSD 12.1?

Andreas X hamdi20193d at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 21:21:27 UTC 2020

Hello.

I use ipfw with options such as: firewall_type="workstation" and
firewall_myservices="21 22 80 443" for my server via rc.conf file.

I need to add an UDP port range to allow, for vsftpd (PASV). However ipfw
doesn't has any settings as I heard and "firewall_myservices" only supports
TCP ports. Any idea how to manage that issue?

The internet has a lot of tutorials for adding "firewall_myservices_tcp"
"firewall_myservices_udp" support, none of them worked for 12.1

And, anyone got any idea why FreeBSD 10 supports such tags for IPFW, but
12.1 not?

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/etc/rc.firewall?view=markup&pathrev=273201