bhyve passthrough pci device of ar9460, guest notify device timeout

PstreeM China pstreem at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 15:47:50 UTC 2020

Hello all:

Thanks for your help first.

The host os is FreeBSD 12.1
I use atheros wireless network card, the card framework is ar9640.

After I passthrough the pci device to guest os, then install the guest os
also be FreeBSD 12.1

After the system boot, everything running well.
Then I configure the vm like AP used hostap, the system is also well.
But if I use some other device(like mobile phone) to scan the wifi what is
available,  the kernel will give the notify:
Ath0: device timeout.
And can not find the access point.

If I use the same configuration in the host os, not have the issue and I
can use the wifi ap as well.

Could you can help for this or this is a bug ?

Thanks again for you help.

BR//Ming