graphics on amd radeon vega

Michael Schuster michaelsprivate at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 13:25:23 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 2:01 PM Vasily Postnicov <shamaz.mazum at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does sysctl -a | grep exp_hw_support show anything?

indeed it does:
$ sysctl -a | grep exp_hw_support
hw.amdgpu.exp_hw_support: 0
compat.linuxkpi.amdgpu_exp_hw_support: 0
$

> Usual way to tweak kernel parameters is via sysctl.

from looking at other settings, I would guess I need to put this in
/boot/loader.conf to make this persistent across reboot ... correct?
(again, sorry if that's an FAQ - feel free to point me to documentation
about this)

> But this is linux stuff so it can be anything else.
>
> If sysctl does not help, you can recompile the whole driver changing
> int amdgpu_exp_hw_support = 0;
> int amdgpu_exp_hw_support = 1;
> in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c

I already found that, though I wanted to keep that as a very last resort :-)

thx
Michael