11-STABLE to 12-STABLE Migration Questions

Dewayne Geraghty dewayne at heuristicsystems.com.au
Mon Dec 28 07:09:44 UTC 2020

On 28/12/2020 5:38 pm, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 18:40:44 -0600
> Tim Daneliuk <tundra at tundraware.com> wrote:
>
>> - Will I have to rebuild all my installed ports?  (We don't use packages.)
>
> 	Yes.

Tim,
The most significant change will be the openssl version.

If any of your ports use go, you must include
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD11
because 12 uses 64 bit inodes.

And I'd strongly suggest that you compare the GENERIC kernel config from
the 11 and 12 sources that you are and will be using.  I run very custom
environment and a few things caught me out.  Some of the older network
cards are no longer supported...

Enjoy :)