Where can I find the new git repository?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Fri Dec 25 14:22:45 UTC 2020

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 14:56:40 +0100
Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> El día viernes, diciembre 25, 2020 a las 04:27:40p. m. +0300, Vasily
> Postnicov escribió:
>
> > > What I do not understand is the high number of objects 4249534
> > > compared
> >>  with
> >>  the number of files in /usr/src
> >
> > With git you clone the whole repository, not just the working tree.
>
> Is there an option for git to get only the current working tree to
> compile it? And how could I compare later with the current tree (like a
> svn diff ....
> does)?

	There's --single-branch and --depth to control how much of the
repository you get which is great for pulling a minimal build set, but you
can only compare the history you have so it is generally best to clone the
whole thing if you are planning on doing development.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>