EFI, UEFI, PXE: FreeBSD-12.1-RELEASE-amd64-bootonly.iso boot from SAN device failed, error 0x7f22208e

Victor Sudakov vas at sibptus.ru
Fri Dec 25 04:48:59 UTC 2020

Victor Sudakov wrote:

> > For the issue with 12.1, you might like to join this discussion:
> >
> > Fail to install FreeBSD via PXE UEFI firmware | The FreeBSD Forums
> > <https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/fail-to-install-freebsd-via-pxe-uefi-firmware.73069/>

Nothing very useful there, as I expected. The topic starter even
confuses network installation (for which you don't need NFS*) with
diskless operation (for which you do need NFS-mounted "/" and "/usr").

* - For network installation, after you recompile pxeboot with
LOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT=YES, you never needed any NFS, and I'd like to keep
it like that.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/