(very OT) Ideal partition schemes (history of partitioning)

Ralf Mardorf ralf-mardorf at riseup.net
Sun Aug 30 17:14:38 UTC 2020

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 17:21:26 +0200, Polytropon wrote:
>On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 08:39:08 +0100, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 08:58:48 +0200
>> Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf at riseup.net> wrote:
>>
>> > There's no need to take 10 shots/second of a still life and to
>> > repeat it 20 times, to end up with 200 photos.
>>
>> 	No there isn't, taking many shots and selecting the best has
>> of course long been standard practice for professional photographers
>> digital cameras and modern memory sizes just make it possible to
>> carry this to extremes.
>
>Rule: "Better have 100 photos and select 10 good ones, instead
>of having only 10 photos which are all crap." ;-)

The averaged 36 photos and then replacing the film cartridge gave
holiday as well as professional photographers the opportunity to think.
They not necessarily used this opportunity, let alone that some used
very long films for way more than 36 photos. However, my impression is
that nowadays almost all photos are shot planless, without thinking,
while in the past at least some holiday, as well as professional photos
were more thoughtfully shot.

Btw. I'll only _try_ to replace my not that good, but quite usable, but
aged and dusty analog 35 mm camera, a Canon AE-1 Program. I don't know,
if a middle-rate digital camera can replace it. My target isn't
necessarily replacing the analog camera. I want to get a camera to make
stop motion films and it would be nice, if I could replace the analog
camera, too.

I consider to buy a Sony α6400 kit 16-50 mm, since I can't spend more
money. Does somebody know how good or bad this and similar APS-C
cameras are, especially compared to analog reflex cameras, such as the
Canon?