very slight OT: creating a *bootable* MSDOS7 memstick

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Fri Aug 21 22:34:22 UTC 2020

On 2020-08-21 13:13, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 3:43 PM David Christensen <dpchrist at holgerdanske.com>
> wrote:

>> Yes, I am serious.  Time equals money.  Waste another 5 hours of your
>> time if do not believe me.  Repeat until you do.
>>

> Thank you for pointing out what is wrong with certain parts of the industry
> (almost always found in organizations that have more money then common
> sense)... throw money at a problem instead of *ACTUALLY* understanding and
> fixing it right...  news for you not everyone is made out of money... and
> even if I was it would take longer than 5 hours to find a suitable machine,
> buy it, have it shipped, etc.

I believe the actual problem is that the software requires an MS-DOS 7
computer and you do not own one.

I believe that buying an MS-DOS 7 computer is how to fix the problem
right, where "right" is defined as lowest total cost of ownership (TCO),
taking into account the monetary value of time.

Windows XP computers are readily available for under US$100 on eBay,
Craig's List, recycling companies, etc..

If you have more time than money, look for garage sales and/or ask
around for people who have old Windows XP computers they want to get rid of.

David