Resolving a dependency conflict when using /usr/ports

Ramces Red rrtred at airmail.cc
Fri Aug 21 04:35:07 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am not quite sure if this is the avenue for this but I was in the
process of trying out FreeBSD and I was having this problem where I have
a dependency conflict while installing the news/atp port:

pkg-static: atp-1.50_2 conflicts with libedit-3.1.20191231,1
(installs files into the same place).
Problematic file: /usr/local/man/man3/editline.3.gz

Now, as I understood this it seems that there's a conflict with libedit
where atp is also installing stuff in the same place. I tried installing
the pkg version and doing so will basically rip my entire system as it
will remove llvm, vim, among others.

Is there any way to deal with this issue, like changing where stuff are being installed
where?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks!

Ramces