OT: Dealing with a hosting company with it's head up it's rear end

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 14:37:43 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 10:01 AM Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Aug 2020 08:59:52 -0400, Aryeh Friedman stated:
> >Says someone who refuses to help fix a bug because some hardware vendor
> >refuses to give them free equipment, even though the bug  affects
> >equipment you already have.
>
> Your analysis is incorrect. I did in fact, rectify the problem. Coming
> to the realization that it would cost me both time and money, I choose
> a different path. Realizing that I could easily minimise the situation
> with a minimum of effort, I simply changed to an OS that did not suffer
> from the affliction and offered me more leeway in completing my job
> requirements.

So if you switched OS's, go troll some other list instead of one made up of
people who actually care enough about the tools they use to fix the ones
that are almost perfect instead of saying my hammer's handle has a little
dent in it thus I am going to burn it (making a lot of noise about how evil
the hammer is) and use a screwdriver handle to bang a nail in.

> There is an old saying, "Piss poor planning on your part, does not
> constitute an emergency on my part." The simple fact that you failed to
> anticipate potential problems, either now or at some future date, is solely
> your fault.

Maybe it is because I am planning that I am bringing the issues up before
they become actual issues (or I guess you can't be bothered to read the

Very few problems cannot be cured with a minimum of effort.
> Unfortunately, all to many insist and cursing that darn night rather
> than lighting a small candle.

You just don't read, do you?  If you did you would see that is exactly what
I was doing -- attempting to figure out where effort was worth it (and
which ones were unfixable but due to external stuff I am still stuck with
and have no option but to deal with them anyways).   Not taking the lazy
way out and saying my hammer sucks and burning it.  Burning hammers causes
more problems than it solves usually (like the fire spreading to your
entire workshop).  Besides nails tend to break screwdriver handles when
used as hammers.