Complete idiots guide to virtualize Android with bhyve

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 02:13:00 UTC 2020

Dear kind FreeBSD users,

I have seen some sites where it is mentioned that we can run Android with
bhve on FreeBSD.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?utm_source=discoverbsd&v=zq2rYQ84DiQ

But I cannot follow which commands to use or where to get Android sources.

Is there a complete idiots guide somewhere so I can follow step by step.  I
have experience with virtualbox and VMware but on Linux.  I would like to
use bhyve and FreeBSD because I have updated a school machine to
12.1-RELEASE-p4? to p7 because of covid(17+2) school closure in March and I
have to set it up for instruction(online). I may need zoom and I have a
ziggi USB document camera already set up. There are several programs which
are available for Android but not native FreeBSD.

https://www.freebsdnews.com/2020/07/29/video-android-in-freebsd-bhyve-by-oleg/

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-bhyve.html

https://jjasghar.github.io/blog/2019/06/03/using-bhyve-on-freebsd/

I have read these guides and have entered some of the commands but some
fail to work and give errors.

Any examples and Android sources where bhvye succeeds are appreciated.
Instruction to students may be hybrid part in school and part online maybe
entirely online.  This will help setup some videos since many students have
smart phones and most run Android they can setup Google Play or Fdroid and
get them to help instruction calculators, math programs and or Google
sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides.

Thank you for any advice and help provided in advance.

Best Regards,

Antonio