SSH log lines

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Aug 3 19:38:06 UTC 2020

When some moon tires to login to an account like root, ssh does n’t log the IP address in the failure line as it does with non-existent users.

sshd[99328] error: PAM: Authentication error for root from vps-94314d13.vps.ovh.ca
sshd[99328] Connection closed by authenticating user root 139.99.236.165 port 46226 [preauth]

sshd[7202] Invalid user pi from 2.232.248.6 port 46438

Is there anyway that I can change this so that the IP address appears not eh same line as the Authentication error, it would make my blacklisting these people much easier.

--
I never wanted to do this in the first place.