Mailman's moderation checkbox?! - Why are so many FreeBSD haters on this list? (Troll bait)

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:48:27 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 11:51 AM Jon Radel <jon at radel.com> wrote:

> On 4/29/20 09:26, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 08:20:27 -0500
> > Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> >
> >> Alas, FreeBSD lists have this unbelievable tolerance to abusers since
> >> forever, and they will not change - I learned that long ago.
> >       Most of us treat them the same as any other thread we're not
> > interested in and ignore them (most of the time anyway).
> >
> Quite.  I've paid enough attention to notice that the religious wars
> seem to have moved on to heartfelt arguments about who is more worthy of
> excommunication.  I've been vaguely considering twiddling with my kill
> file but that's such a bother in my MUA.

Only one side is arguing for excommunication the other side (so far) does
not see the need to excommunicate anyone from the list (no laws have been
broken by either side, yet).    Mostly it boils down to some people are
using a very selective/subjective filter on how they define what "troll" is
and thus want to ban all those they don't agree with, the other side of the
debate sees no need to ban anyone.

> The things people do to amuse themselves during lock-downs.

Not like we don't work yet (I worked from home before the anyone had heard
of Covid) ;-)