Mailman's moderation checkbox?! - Why are so many FreeBSD haters on this list? (Troll bait)

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sat Apr 25 18:33:25 UTC 2020

On 4/25/20 12:57 PM, Morten Bo Johansen via freebsd-questions wrote:
> On 2020-04-25 Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>
>> I join you and ask list moderators to ban that person from the list.
>
> freebsd-questions is on news.gmane.io, so you can use a news
> reader, like e.g. slrn to kill file authors, threads, etc.,
> that you don't want to see. In slrn it takes just two key
> strokes to do that! Maybe that is better than to crank up your
> blood pressure over some single individual? ;)

Thanks, Morten.

However, that only will cover me, mitigate my own annoyance. This will
not cover spreading of misinformation through well respected mail list
to my regret allowing itself to be abused. It will not cover people I
respect and routinely get help from from being abused by disrespectful
(to name it the mildest) person on this respected mail list.

Thanks for advise though.

Valeri

>    Morten

Valeri Galtsev