More On FreeBSD Network Speed (Was: Changes To nat-ing Behaviour?)

Tim Daneliuk tundra at tundraware.com
Tue Apr 21 13:16:41 UTC 2020

On 4/20/20 3:00 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> Linux and FreeBSD have superframe MTUs of 9000 set MacOS MTU is set to 1500.

For anyone else that may run into this:  For reasons unclear to me,
FreeBSD hated that the Linux box was forcing an MTU of 9000, even though
FreeBSD had the same thing set.  The fix was to tell Linux to use
automatic MTU negotiation and all was well.  Interestingly, when I did
this, Linux decide 1500 was the right size and performance came back.

Go figure...

Tim Daneliuk     tundra at tundraware.com