Building packages for a variety of systems

Bob Healey healer at rpi.edu
Mon Apr 20 17:15:24 UTC 2020

I would like to move from building ports with my custom options on each
system, and move to building once in a central location, and then
deploying via pkg add.  Mainly openldap, samba, BIND, and their
dependencies.  Do I need to use my oldest CPU (Opteron 1000 series) as
the build host, or can I get away with using something much newer (Xeon
E5-2000 v3) with more cores and RAM?  I'm seeing mixed opinions about
ports hard coding build CPU features into binaries, and don't want to
get stuck.

Thank you for your time.

--
Bob Healey