Wayland on FreeBSD

Frederic Chardon chardon.frederic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 11:59:16 UTC 2020

Le lun. 20 avr. 2020 à 12:20, Niclas Zeising
<zeising+freebsd at daemonic.se> a écrit :

> On 2020-04-20 12:07, Greg V wrote:
> > Apr 20, 2020 12:56:35 PM Frederic Chardon <chardon.frederic at gmail.com>:

> >> I decided to give it a try, is hardware acceleration supposed to work?
> >> glxgears gives 10x less fps than with X, and 3D is incredibly
> >> sluggish.
> >> eglinfo output that leads me to believe it is not:
> >> GBM platform:
> >> i965_dri.so does not support the 0xffffffff PCI ID.
> >>
> >> It is with sway, -current from yesterday, intel HD4000 iGPU (Ivybridge i5-3320M)
> >> no difference between drm-devel-kmod or drm-current-kmod.
> >
> > Sway itself wouldn't even start without hardware rendering, it doesn't *have* a software renderer.
> >
> > For the X applications like glxgears, I guess with the mesa build that's in official ports currently you still need that DRI3 something environment variable..
>
> You shouldn't need that one.  We switched the default to use DRI3 not
> long after xorg-server was updated to 1.20.
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=528071
> It should also be in the latest quarterly branch.
> Regards
> --
> Niclas

With or without LIBGL_DRI3_ENABLE=1 in the environment the result is
the same. I use official packages, updated yesterday.

The problem I face might be due to permission issue. ktrace shows this:
28047 eglinfo  CALL  openat(AT_FDCWD,0x7fffffffc820,0x100002<O_RDWR|O_CLOEXEC>)
28047 eglinfo  NAMI  "/dev/dri/card0"
28047 eglinfo  RET   openat 3
/..../
28047 eglinfo  CALL  ioctl(0x3,0xc0106446,0x7fffffffbc70)
28047 eglinfo  RET   ioctl -1 errno 13 Permission denied

ls -l /dev/dri/card0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  8 20 avr.  13:52 /dev/dri/card0@ -> ../drm/0

ls -l /dev/drm/0
crw-rw----  1 root  video  0x83 20 avr.  13:08 /dev/drm/0

I am in both wheel and video group, and X11 is working just fine. Any
additional config is necessary?

Thanks