freebsd should be rewritten based on microkernel architecture

Shamim Shahriar shamim.shahriar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:17:54 UTC 2020

Thanks Rob for putting it so nicely.

And if I may please add, all the things asked on the original post are
already available in Linux. If the original poster is not happy with Linux
with all the bells and whistles, it may make sense to investigate the
effect of maintaining those bells and whistles which might be compromising
the other features, features that are so adorned in FreeBSD.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not against having new ideas and
improvements; I'm against "ideas without thoughts" -- specially the ones
that intend to reinvent the fifth wheel on a quad bike.

All the best.