Bhyve: virtio-net very slow with FreeBSD 12.0 Host

Ole ole at free.de
Thu Sep 26 12:14:01 UTC 2019

Hello,

I want to push this up again. Cause I ran into it again :-(

I wonder why no one else has a similar problem. I think my setup is
very common.

I made some tcpdumps during (very slow) package installation inside
the VM.

tcpdump -i igb0 | grep pkg
tcpdump -i igb0.4030 | grep pkg
tcpdump -i bridge0 | grep pkg
tcpdump -i tap0 | grep pkg

the very long output is here https://pastebin.com/vM1VFziJ . For me it
looks like very normal TCP traffic. seqs and acks ...

thanks
Ole