OT: My ssh authorized_keys doesn't work with nfs/nis

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu at utahime.org
Sat Sep 14 09:03:18 UTC 2019

From: Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: OT: My ssh authorized_keys doesn't work with nfs/nis
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 04:15:59 -0400

>> Did you set passphrase when creating id_rsa.pub (and id_rsa)?
> no

Umm, then it seems that ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on 'nearby' is surely
not looked up by sshd.

By the way, according to mail subject 'nearby' seems to be NFS client
too. And I guess you share home directory with NFS. If it is right,
what happens if you use local (i.e. non-NIS and non-NFS) account? That
is,

(1) Add new user 'localuser' to /etc/masster.passwd of 'nearby'.
(2) Create home directory of 'localuser' on local file system of
    'nearby'.
(3) Copy id_rsa.pub as ~localuser/.ssh/authorized_keys on 'nearby'
(4) Try 'ssh localuser at nearby'.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA