Problem with "samba-tool"

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Wed Sep 11 11:17:13 UTC 2019

FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p10
samba version 4.8.12

When attempting to use the 'samba-tool', I always receive this error
message:

samba-tool
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/samba-tool", line 33, in <module>
    from samba.netcmd.main import cmd_sambatool
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/__init__.py", line
28, in <module> import ldb
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ldb.so: Undefined
symbol "ldb_handler_copy"

It doesn't make any difference what command options I use. Before I ask
on a dedicated 'samba support forum', I thought I would first try and
see if this was a localized FreeBSD problem.

--
Carmel