ping6 www.freebsd.org hangs

Pierre Dupond 76nemo76 at gmx.ch
Wed Sep 11 10:38:45 UTC 2019

Thanks for the tip. Finally I was able to reproduce the
problem (which arise from time to time).

The ping6 command failed either with the IPv6 address (or
the name). The result is the same for an other address (like google)
but at the same time I can reach these address from other machines.

It is also possible to reach (with ping6) the external router of my organisation
(passing few intermediate routers).

What is curious however is that the command "traceroute6" succeed
and then the command "ping6" works again.

It sounds like a strange fragmentation problem.

--
Gmail <76nemo76 at gmx.ch>