building math/atlas in poudriere

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Thu Oct 31 02:58:51 UTC 2019

On 31/10/19 7:44 am, tech-lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way of building math/atlas within poudriere?
>
> I get this cryptic error:
>
> # make
> ===>  atlas-math-3.8.4_18,1 has to be built manually: Optimizes for the
> local
> machine..
> *** Error code 1
>
> What does "has to be built manually" mean in this context?
>
> thanks,

It means that it queries the current cpu to decide which code can
get compiled in. If you are building on the same machine that will
be installed then it will be the same.

The only way I know to bypass this is comment the line in its Makefile
#MANUAL_PACKAGE_BUILD=	Optimizes for the local machine.

The math/sage port should be the only one that depends on atlas. If you
are looking for your own use, you have other blas libraries to choose
from.

Look in Mk/Uses/blaslapack.mk, the USES=blaslapack option can choose
between four other blas libraries.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler