BE and loader integration

Victor Sudakov vas at sibptus.ru
Mon Oct 21 10:20:04 UTC 2019

Trond Endrestøl wrote:

> > > After selecting your BE, exit this submenu by hitting 1.
> >
> > Does the label "Active:" even make sense? Should it not be "Exit" or something?
> >
> > And what is supposed to happen if I hit 2 ?
>
> Then you select what the bootfs property suggests and exit to the main
> menu.

The current pool's bootfs property? I see.

BTW the boot menu BE selection does not work properly anyway. I've found some
combinations of BEs and loader options which lead to an unbootable
system: http://admin.sibptus.ru/~vas/bad_be.png
Maybe it's sysutils/beadm's fault incorrectly creating BEs, whatever.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/