Restarting Network

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Oct 20 19:21:55 UTC 2019

FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p10

For the past few months, my network has been going down on my FreeBSD
machine. To get it back up, I have run the following commands:

# service netif restart && service routing restart

I am not sure why it is doing this. What I would like to do, assuming I
cannot get it to stop crashing, is to put some rule in 'monit' to
handle it. Does anyone have any good suggestions? The monit man page
lists several, but I am not sure which would be the safest to us.

--
Jerry