Installing head

Clay Daniels Jr. clay.daniels.jr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 18:26:48 UTC 2019

Your question is not stupid. Asking questions is a very good way to learn.
Head means different things to different folks. If you want the true "head"
you have to compile it all. I'm lazy & impatient, so this is what I do:

Every Friday there is a new selection of downloads of FreeBSD 13.0 Current
at https://www.freebsd.org/where.html where you scroll down to 13.0 and
select your image, likely amd or i386 (intel). Make a bootable install
media. I prefer burning it to a cd/dvd, but thumbdrives work fine too
(mostly). Prepare a place to install it, and make a fresh install. And be
sure to join the Current email list.

Some weeks work fine, sometimes not. Current is a work in progress, so when
you install a fresh image, don't rush to throw away the old one - you may
need it for the next week. And it's OK to skip a week;-)

Clay